Built on the site of the former carriage house at West Chester Street, this elegant rose-covered cottage is in the historic district, one block from the oldest house, four blocks from Children's Beach and the center of town. It is located on a secluded site which borders the Lily Pond, and has its own off-street parking on West Chester Street. Newly constructed and furnished in 1988, the 1300-square-foot cottage was custom designed by an architect who specified deluxe-grade materials throughout. The decorator selected furnishings to create an atmosphere of charm, warmth, and elegance.
The main entrance opens onto a dining area and kitchen with a cathedral ceiling. The fully-equipped food preparation area includes blender, garbage disposal, dishwasher, electric cooktop and oven, microwave, and large refrigerator/freezer with automatic ice maker. The 500-square-foot living room has parquet floors, fireplace, desk area, and sliding glass doors which open on a 25-foot redwood deck. The powder room and the laundry adjoin the spacious living area.
Upstairs, the central hall opens on two bedrooms, one with twin beds, and the other with a queen-sized bed. Contemporary lighting and spacious closets are features of both rooms. The bathroom has a modern tub and shower, overhead infra-red heaters, and a large linen closet.