Hotel Features. Guests can work out in the gym, and the Spa Centre offers a range of facilities including an indoor heated pool, a steam bath, a sauna and a solarium. Massage therapies are available in the treatment room, and there is all-hours room service, as well as wireless Internet access offered throughout the hotel. Other practical amenities include garage parking for those arriving by car (surcharge), bike rentals, and currency exchange.
The hotel's Die Brucke restaurant serves Mediterranean dishes in a modern setting with a terrace, while Alt Dresden restaurant serves simple international and regional dishes in a rustic setting, with major sporting events shown on the big screen.
Guestrooms.The Dorint Hotel Dresden offers 244 guestrooms located on five floors, which feature modern decor in muted shades with contemporary, light- wood furnishings. All include cable television with pay movies, direct-dial phones, hair dryers, wireless Internet access and minibars.
Expert Tip. Dresden's original Frauenkirche Cathedral (Church of Our Lady) was built in the early 17th Century and completely destroyed during World War II. The rebuilt church, one kilometre from the hotel, reopened in 2005 and is an exact replica of the original Baroque design using the original plans from 1720.
Getting there. The best way to get to the hotel from the airport is by taxi, costing approximately 20 EUR. A train runs directly from the airport station to the main Hauptbanhof train station, where tram Seven or Eight runs to Pimaischer Platz, 300 metres from the hotel. The nearest station is Hygienemuseum, 10 metres away. Dresden has an integrated public transport system with buses, trams and suburban trains covering routes across the city. The Dresden cable railways and Rive Elbe steamers offer a more unique way of travelling around.
Driving directions. From the airport follow directions to the city centre Zetrum and then signs for VW-Manufaktur. After passing the River Elbe turn left at the second crossroads. The hotel is on the right-hand side.
- Steam room Banquet facilities
- Safe-deposit box Pets allowed
- Shopping on site Air-conditioned public areas
- Television in lobby Coffee in lobby
- Room service (24 hours) Shoe shine
- Fitness equipment Patio
- Bar/lounge Umbrella
- Dry cleaning service Sauna
- Restaurant(s) Hair salon
- Meeting room (small groups) Internet public area - comp
- Parking (surcharge) Gift shop or newsstand
- Suitable for children Elevator/lift
- Audiovisual equipment Conference room(s)
- Comp newspapers in lobby Business center
- Swimming pool - indoor Ballroom(s)
- Sea Life Centre - 500 metres | - Frauenkirche (cathedral) - 1 kilometre (0.5 miles) | - Semperoper (opera House) - 2 kilometres (1.5 miles) | - Zwinger (historical landmark) - 2 kilometres (1.5 miles) | - Gemaldegalerie (art museum) - 2 kilometres (1.5 miles) | - Grunes Gewolbe (art museum) - 2 kilometres (1.5 miles) | - International Congress Centre - 3 kilometres (2 miles) | - Meissen - 20 kilometres (12.5 miles) | - Sächsische Schweiz - 20 kilometres (12.5 miles) |
Dresden Hotels - Dorint Hotel Dresden