The hotel's Terrace Restaurant features panoramic views from the hotel's roof and serves continental-style cuisine. It is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The Garden Restaurant serves continental breakfast, lunch and dinner in the hotel's garden. Guests can watch the sunset and enjoy views of Istanbul from the roof terrace, enjoy a drink in the bar, and relax with a coffee in the hotel lobby. There is complimentary wireless Internet access throughout the hotel for those with laptops, while other practical amenities include a 24-front desk, concierge services, secretarial services and free parking for those arriving by car. The hotel is well placed for exploring the city and the surrounding area; the Museum of Turkish and Islamic Art is just 20 metres away, and the Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia Church and the Underground Cistern Museum are all within 200 metres. Istanbul Ataturk Airport is an approximate driving time of 30 minutes from the hotel, a distance of 18 kilometres.
<i>'Special Class' Hotel (Turkish Ministry for Tourism)
Under the Turkish Ministry for Tourism, hotels and other tourist residences in Turkey are rated as per a set of national standards. There are seven categories of rating in operation: one star to five star hotels, 'Special Class' hotels and 'Boutique Class' hotels. This hotel is rated as 'Special Class' which applies to properties that have distinct historical, architectural or artistic features. 'Special Class' hotels are represented on this site with a star-rating for our customers' benefit.</i>
Hippodrome Room: One queen and one twin bed. Light decor with traditional Turkish-style furnishings. Satellite television, desk, direct-dial phone, complimentary wireless Internet access, wake-up calls and minibar. Bathroom with telephone, handheld shower, hair dryer and makeup mirror.
Standard Room: One queen or two twin beds. Light decor with traditional Turkish-style furnishings. Satellite television, desk, direct-dial phone, complimentary wireless Internet access, wake-up calls and minibar. Bathroom with telephone, handheld shower, hair dryer and makeup mirror.
Taxis or dolmus (shared taxis) are available from the airport. Havas airport buses run to central Istanbul every 30 minutes at peak times, and hourly at around 1200 and at night (journey time: approximately 30 minutes). Public bus no. 96 runs into town approximately every hour 0700-1940. Istanbul has a very cheap public transport system which includes buses, suburban trains and a metro. Yellow taxis and shared taxi minibuses, called dolmuses, are also plentiful. Ferries are available on the Bosphorus.
- Currency exchange Television in lobby
- Express check-in Umbrella
- Dry cleaning service Room service (24 hours)
- Secretarial services Express check-out
- Air-conditioned public areas Safe-deposit box
- Breakfast services Restaurant(s)
- Coffee shop or cafe Internet public area - wireless
- Bar/lounge Concierge services
- Laundry facilities Complimentary breakfast
- Internet public area - comp Elevator/lift
- Airport transportation (fees apply) Parking (Complimentary)
Room Amenities: , , • Bathroom telephone • Window opens • Climate control • Remote lighting/drapery/curtai • Handheld shower • Makeup mirror • Internet access - complimentar • Direct-dial phone • Extra towels/bedding • Cable/satellite TV
- Museum of Turkish and Islamic Art - 20 metres | - Blue Mosque - 50 metres | - Hagia Sophia Church - 200 metres | - Underground Cistern Museum - 200 metres | - Topkapi Palace - 300 metres | - Grand Bazaar - 700 metres | - Spice Bazaar - 1 kilometre (0.5 miles) |
Istanbul Hotels - Hotel Alzer