For dining, Restaurant Epsom serves traditional Mediterranean cuisine with a local Catalan influence and is open for buffet breakfast, lunch and à la carte dinner. The restaurant boasts six original Joan Miró paintings on its walls. The Scotch Bar features an open fire and serves a wide selection of drinks and light snacks and the is also a bright coffee shop, used by locals and hotel guests alike, which serves teas, coffees, pastries, wines, and beers. The business centre offers complimentary high-speed, wireless Internet access and the hotel's two meeting rooms can seat up to 75 people and are equipped with audio-visual conferencing facilities. The walls of this sleek hotel display original artwork by such famed painters as Miró and Guinovart and guests enjoy complimentary passes to the Barcelona Egyptian Museum. Guests are also invited to make use of the outdoor swimming pool at the partner hotel Gran Derby, situated just across the street from Hotel Derby. For those wishing to explore the city and its suburbs, a courtesy car is available for guests to use for half a day at a time free of charge. Local attractions include Gaudi's La Pedrera (Casa Mila) and the Barcelona Museum of Contemporary Art, both less two kilometres from the hotel. Las Ramblas Boulevard is two and a half kilometres away, and the Picasso Museum and the Joan Miró Foundation are three kilometres away. The nearest airport is Barcelona El Prat Airport, a 13 kilometre drive with an approximate driving time of 25 minutes.
Single: One queen bed or two twin beds. Decorated with parquet hardwood floors, dark pink bedspreads, cherry-wood furniture, and a leather armchair. Includes stereo sound system and satellite TV with complimentary premium channels and pay movies. Bathroom is white and gray marble and features the hotel’s own toiletries.
Standard room: One queen bed or two twin beds. Decorated with parquet hardwood floors, dark pink bedspreads, cherry-wood furniture, and a leather armchair. Includes stereo sound system and satellite TV with complimentary premium channels and pay movies. Bathroom is white and gray marble and features the hotel’s own toiletries.
Trains and taxi cabs are available for transfer from the airport to the centre of Barcelona. The Aerobus service also takes passengers into central Barcelona from both terminals. The metro system connects the hotel with the rest of central Barcelona within 15 minutes. The metro station closest to the hotel is Hospital Clinic. There is also a wide choice of buses. The hotel can order black- and-yellow taxicabs on request.
Driving Directions: From the airport take the C - 32B and head towards Ronda de Dalt, Lleida, Girona. Then take the C - 32 and leave at Exit 12. Take the B - 23 then turn right onto Avinguda Diagonal for 3 kilometres. Turn right onto Carrer De Fra Luis De Granada for 100 metres and continue along Placa Del Doctor Ignasi Barraquer for 150 metres until arrival at Carrer De Loreto.
- Restaurant(s) Parking (valet)
- Room service (limited hours) Conference room(s)
- Bar/lounge Comp newspapers in lobby
- Dry cleaning service Banquet facilities
- Meeting room (small groups) Breakfast services
- Concierge services Internet public area - comp
- Use of nearby fitness center (discount) Medical assistance available
- Laundry facilities Parking (surcharge)
- Parking garage Internet public area - wireless
- Business center Coffee shop or cafe
- Currency exchange Swimming pool - outdoor
- Air-conditioned public areas Safe-deposit box
- Elevator/lift Babysitting or child care
- Business services Fireplace in lobby
- Parking (secure) Secretarial services
- Computer rental Coffee in lobby
- Express check-out Cell phone/mobile rental
- Event catering Shoe shine
- Translation services Internet public area - high-speed
- Audiovisual equipment
Room Amenities: , , • Welcome amenities • Premium TV channel(s) • Bathroom telephone • Bidet • Blackout drapes/curtains • Electronic/magnetic keys • Child care (in room, surcharge • Extra towels/bedding in room • Handheld shower • Massage - available in room • Sewing kit • Bathroom scale • Smoking rooms • Cable/satellite TV • Housekeeping (daily) • Complimentary toiletries • Soundproofed rooms • Cribs (infant beds) available • Window opens • Pay movies • Climate control • Premium bedding
- Plaça d'Espanya - 1.5 km (1 mile) | - Gaudi's La Pedrera (Casa Mila) - 1.5 km (1 mile) | - Barcelona Museum of Contemporary Art (MACBA) - 2 km (1.25 miles) | - El Corte Inglés (department store) - 2 km (1.25 miles) | - Plaça Catalunya - 2 km (1.25 miles) | - Las Ramblas Boulevard - 2.5 km (1.5 mile) | - Thyssen-Bornemisza Collection - 2.5 km (1.5 miles) | - National Museum of Catalan Art (MNAC) - 2.5 km (1.5 miles) | - Park Güell - 2.5 km (1.5 miles) | - Ciutat Vella (Old Town) - 2.5 km (1.5 miles) | - Barri Gotic (Gothic Quarter) - 3 km (2 miles) | - Picasso Museum - 3 km (2 mile) | - La Sagrada Familia - 3 km (2 miles) | - Montjuïc - 3 km (2 miles) | - Joan Miró Foundation - 3 km (2 miles) | - Santa Maria del Mar Cathedral - 3 km (2 miles) | - Park de la Ciutadella - 3.5 km (2.25 miles) | - Port Vell (Old Port) - 3.5 km (2.25 miles) | - La Barceloneta (beach) - 4 km (2.5 miles) | - Olympic Port - 4.5 km (3 miles) |
Barcelona Hotels - Hotel Derby Barcelona