Guests can enjoy a buffet breakfast each morning and although the hotel does not have its own restaurant, staff on the 24-hour front desk can help recommendations on the numerous dining options in the area. After a busy day sightseeing, guests can enjoy a drink in the hotel bar, or order a snack from room service. The hotel has a lift for access to its four floors and parking is available nearby at a cost of 30 EUR per day. Visitors are well-placed to explore the city's many places of interest. The flower market is 100 metres away, the infamous Red Light District and Dam Square are 500 metres, and Anne Frank's house is 2.5 kilometres away. Amsterdam's Schiphol Airport is 15 kilometres, approximately 20 minutes by car. The nearest tram stop is Waterlooplein.
There is a railway station in the terminal's central hall, under Schiphol Plaza; direct trains run to Amsterdam Centraal Station approximately every 15 minutes. Schiphol Travel Taxis are available from outside the arrivals hall. And a typical fare will cost 20 EUR. Public buses also run regularly to Amsterdam and other cities. There is a regular shuttle bus to the hotel at a cost of 7.50 EUR. Much of Amsterdam can be explored on foot although trams run throughout the city. More adventurous visitors may wish to hire bicycles.
Driving directions from the airport: Follow the A4 towards the A10 and exit at S111 towards the centre of Amsterdam. Follow the direction of Maurits Kade towards Waterlooplein on the Wibautstraat. At Waterlooplein turn left towards Amstel Street and turn right on to the bridge follow this road until you arrive at the Hotel Nes.
- Breakfast Services Bar/Lounge
- Microwave in lobby Fireplace in lobby
- Safe-deposit box Room service (limited hours)
- Television in lobby Shoe shine
- Parking nearby Elevator/lift
Room Amenities: , , • Direct-dial phone
- Flower Market - 100 metres | - Music Theatre - 100 metres | - Rembrandt House Museum - 150 metres | - Royal Palace - 300 metres | - Red Light District - 500 metres | - Dam Square - 500 metres | - Leidseplein - 500 metres | - Rijksmuseum - 2 kilometres (1.5 miles) | - Anne Frank's House - 2.5 kilometres (1.5 miles) | - RAI Exhibition Centre - 3 kilometres (2 miles) |
Amsterdam Hotels - Hotel Nes