Hotel Features. Chefs at the Colonial Room Restaurant prepare Continental cuisine in a white-linen environment. The Menger Bar is a replica of London's House of Lords Pub with cherry paneling and glass cabinets. More than 11,000 square feet of flexible function space accommodates up to 750 guests and includes the Plaza Ballroom, poolside rooms and a terrace that overlooks the Menger Court.
The Historic Menger Hotel's tropical courtyard garden looks out onto an outdoor heated pool. On-site restaurants offer poolside services. The Alamo Plaza Spa offers European-style spa treatments including massages, scrubs, facials and a Finnish sauna. A limited-hour fitness center houses cardiovascular equipment, only.
Guestrooms. The 316 guestrooms of The Historic Menger Hotel feature antique or contemporary-style furnishings, high ceilings and views of the courtyard, the Alamo and city gardens. Rooms include televisions with cable access, video game consoles and complimentary wireless Internet access.
Expert Tip. The Historic Menger Bar provided the location where Teddy Roosevelt recruited his famous Rough Riders.
Deluxe room with two double beds: One king, one queen, or two double beds (on request; subject to availability at check-in). Antique and contemporary-style furnishings, high ceilings. Reading chair, complimentary high-speed Internet access. 25-inch TV with cable and pay movies. Tiled bathroom with a low-step tub and handrail. Room type, bedding, and quality depend on availability at time of check-in.
Standard room with one bed: One king bed, one queen bed, or one twin bed. Antique and contemporary-style furnishings, high ceilings. Complimentary high-speed Internet access. Cable TV with pay movies.
- Dry Cleaning Service Safe-Deposit Box - At Front Desk
- Bar/Lounge Meeting room (small groups) - 11,000 Square Feet
- Event catering Swimming pool - outdoor - Heated
- Gift shop or newsstand Garden
- Comp newspapers in lobby Ballroom(s)
- Wedding services Room service (24 hours)
- Shopping on site Internet public area - wireless - Complimentary
- Concierge desk - Limted Hours Full-service health spa - Alamo Plaza Spa
- Children stay free - 18 Years and Under Luggage storage
- Convenience store Coffee shop or cafe
- ATM/banking Jewelry shop
- Room service (limited hours) Laundry service
- Airport transportation (fees apply) Parking (valet) - $25 Per Day, In/Out
Room Amenities: , , • Pay movies • Rollaway beds • Cribs (infant beds) available • Climate control • Video-game console • Cable/satellite TV • Extra towels/bedding • Turndown service (on request) • Internet access - complimentar • Premium TV channel(s)
The Alamo: Adjacent | Rivercenter Mall: Adjacent | RiverWalk: 1 block | Children's Museum: 1 block | Buckhorn Museum: 1 block | Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center: 3 blocks | Majestic Theater: 3.5 blocks | La Villita (Old San Antonio): 4 blocks | Alamodome: 5 blocks | Historic Market Square (El Mercado): 5.5 blocks | Institute of Texan Cultures: 6 blocks
San Antonio Hotels - The Historic Menger Hotel