After a buffet breakfast, guests can surf the web via wireless Internet access and unwind on the terrace. The hotel's Sunny Side restaurant serves a range of international and local dishes in a relaxed, contemporary setting, and guests can round off the day with a cocktail in the Red Corner Bar. Those visiting on business can make use of the hotel's ten conference rooms, and a range of audio-visual equipment and office services. Practical amenities include laundry facilities, room service and a 24- hour front desk with safe-deposit box. Guests arriving by car will find garage parking facilities on site. For those wishing to explore the area, the Colosseum Theatre, Folkwang Museum and Philharmonie Concert Hall are all within two kilometres. The Zeche Zollverein mine and industrial museum, now a UNESCO World Heritage site, is four kilometres from the hotel. Dusseldorf Airport is 30 kilometres away and takes approximately 35 minutes to reach by car.
Standard Double room : Two twin beds, one twin bed. Modern decor in red and grey with crisp white linen and wood furnishings. Air conditioning, Internet connection, satellite television with pay movies, direct-dial phone, minibar, safe, desk and hair dryer.
Standard Single: One queen bed. Modern decor in red and grey with crisp white linen and wood furnishings. Air conditioning, Internet connection, satellite television with pay movies, direct-dial phone, minibar, safe, desk and hair dryer.
Around 300 trains a day stop at the Düsseldorf Airport Rail Station, which is located directly on a major axis of the European railway network. A monorail connects the railway station and the terminal building. The S7 S-Bahn (underground) train connects the airport and Solingen-Ohligs, and stops on the lower level of the terminal building. The bus station is located in front of central Arrivals, where taxis can also be found.
Driving directions: From the airport, take the A52 towards Essen. Take the exit for Essen Stadtmitte and continue for the city centre. Pass the town hall and continue for 400 metres. The hotel is on the right- hand side.
- Technology helpdesk Medical assistance available
- Safe-deposit box Elevator/lift
- Conference room(s) Television in lobby
- Room service (limited hours) Dry cleaning service
- Use of nearby fitness center (discount) Gift shop or newsstand
- Banquet facilities Meeting room (small groups)
- Bar/lounge Internet public area - wireless
- Parking garage Laundry facilities
- Restaurant(s) Umbrella
- Currency exchange Business center
- Air-conditioned public areas Audiovisual equipment
Room Amenities: , , • Makeup mirror • Sewing kit • Direct-dial phone • Electronic/magnetic keys • Iron/ironing board (on request • Window opens • Pay movies • Separate sitting area • Cable/satellite TV
- City Centre - adjacent | - Colosseum Theatre - 1 kilometre (0.5 miles) | - Folkwang Museum - 2 kilometres (1 mile) | - Philharmonie Concert Hall - 2 kilometres (1 mile)| - Zeche Zollverein (mine) - 4 kilometres (2.5 miles)| - Alpincentre Bottrop (ski park) - 9 kilometres (5.5 miles) |
Essen Hotels - Welcome Hotel Essen