Sales of smartphones and tablets are on the rise, as reported by International Data Corporation (IDC) in 2009-10, more smartphones and tablets were sold than desktop computers. In September 28, 2011, Rentalo finished its initial implementation of its mobile apps, now available in the top 3 online market places for smartphones; Apple’s iTunes, Google’s Android Market, and Blackberry App World. With the increasing tendency of consumers going mobile, property owners have a unique opportunity to capitalize on this trend. Below are some useful tips on how RENTalo can help owners take advantage of this new consumer trend, and convert mobile hits into bookings.
Tip 1. First of all, you need to become familiar with how your listing is viewed by mobile users. Using Rentalo's mobile site or app, search for your listing from a smartphone or table device. The best way to learn how our app work is by downloading it unto your own portable device. If you do not own a smartphone or tablet, you can use your own PC's internet browser to become familiar with m.rentalo.com. Even though m.rentalo.com was designed for mobile browsers, simply by using the "Search" feature to find your listing's destination will give you a pretty good idea of how your listing is viewed by mobile users. Please note that the listing ordering in m.rentalo.com is different than on the main site at this time.
Tip 2. Once you are familiar with how mobile users find your listing, and understand how your listing information is viewed from these devices, you may want to update your listing at RENTalo to take full advantage of the apps. Adding more pictures and features to your listing in Rentalo can increase the number of inquiries you receive from mobile users. Below is a list of the data fields that are available to mobile users:
- - Your listing's photos (tip: review your listing pictures and update them regularly)
- - List of amenities (tip: edit your listing's amenities checkboxes and select as many as applicable)
- - List of activities (tip: edit your listing and check as many activities as are available in your area)
- - Map (tip: Make sure your map is working properly in your listing.
- - Inquire - Mobile users can send inquiries directly from their phones, so, please make sure you maintain your availability calendar up-to-date to avoid getting inquiries on dates that are booked. Also, update your rates to make it easier for travelers to choose your property.
Tip 3. Send us your feedback. At RENTalo, we acknowledge the valuable feedback of our clients. We look forward to receiving your comments about our apps, and will use it to prioritize future enhancements on our upcoming development efforts.
Related reading: Article: How to Ask Expert Advice on Where to Stay