Since mid 1990s, Rentalo has been developing online tools to facilitate vacation planning and comparison shopping for travelers seeking short term rentals online. While newer sites like Kayak and Sidestep focus on the same concept in a broader "travel" sense, Rentalo focuses exclusively on short term accommodations and rentals. Unlike many vacation rental and lodging directories that force travelers to browse through huge lists of potential lodging options, Rentalo makes it easy for travel planners to search, brows,e and compare a wide range of lodging options from a small cottage to a castle. Below are some tools Rentalo has designed for travelers to save time and money finding short-term accommodations online.
This great tool is the most commonly used by travelers in top destinations with large inventory options in all lodging categories such as hotels, vacation rentals, and bed and breakfasts. With this user-friendly tool, travelers can apply a wide range of filters to narrow down their lodging options. Travelers can apply any combination of their desired items including Sleeps, Bedrooms, Lodging Types, Amenities, Location Attributes, Things to Do, Special features, and even nearby cities. To become familiar with this powerful tool, please visit any of our top destinations
This is an award-winning tool who has received thousands of great reviews from travelers, and it is well known in the travel industry for its effectiveness, time saving ability, and convenience.
Destination-based Inquiry service
Every destination page in Rentalo has an button on the top right to allow travelers easy access to Rentalo's destination-based inquiry form which permits travelers to broadcast their inquiry to multiple property owners that match their inquiry criteria. Also, every footer page in Rentalo has a "Submit Inquiry" link for easy access to the destination-based inquiry form.
Upon the travelers submitting an inquiry, in order to match each traveler's inquiry with the most appropriate inventory selection, Rentalo's engine takes into account the following relevant items:
- Availability calendar - Saving the travelers the time consuming task of having to manually inspect each listing's calendar to see if the property is available in the desired dates.
- Maximum Occupancy - Another item taken into account by Rentalo's engine is the maximum occupancy each property has compared with the number of adults and children requested by the traveler.
- Type of property - Travelers can "uncheck" boxes to narrow down offers from various types of lodging properties available in Rentalo e.g. hotels, bed and breakfasts, and vacation rentals.
- Special needs - Items such as pets-allowed, children-friendly, smoking-friendly, handicap-friendly are also matched to each property availably in Rentalo's inventory.
- Vicinity - Travelers are also given the choice to receive offers from nearby cities or towns.
Rentalo's Special offers is a great tool to save tons of money in quality inventory. Thousands of heavily discounted listings are available. Special offers are also broadcasted in real time by Rentalo via Twitter and Facebook so travelers can follow Rentalo's special offers as they become available.
Rentalo's monthly and bi-weekly newsletter publications allow travelers to receive last minute offers and new inventory introductions in destinations that have been selected or inquired by the travelers. Travelers can register for free to receive Rentalo's newsletter publications.