Top 10 Scariest Places to Visit for a Halloween Getaway
~ Survey by Rentalo.com shares its users’ picks for favorite, spooky Halloween destinations ~
Miami, FL (October 13, 2004) – For many, Halloween or All Hallow’s Eve is a time for dressing up and trick-or-treating, telling ghost stories around a camp fire, or traveling to their favorite haunted destination. Rentalo, one of the fastest-growing Internet directories for leisure and business rental lodgings worldwide (http://rentalo.com), wants to share what some of its online users selected as their preferred, most frightening place to visit around the U.S.
So, whether you enjoy a good, clean scare or not, armed with this helpful information, adventure travelers can get a leg up on where ghouls and goblins alike will be coming out this Halloween.
Since October 31st is around the corner, Rentalo.com set out to find the top 10 scariest places for vacationers to travel during this month. A random, week-long survey was conducted online among the site’s users where they were asked to pick their top choice for the scariest Halloween getaway.
From over 100 responses, the top 10 favorite places to visit this Halloween are:
1. Salem, MA (infamous for its Salem Witch Trials of 1692)
2. Lizzie Borden Bed-and-Breakfast in Fall River, MA
3. New Orleans, LA (one of America’s most haunted cities)
4. Orlando/Tampa (Disney theme parks, Universal Studios in Orlando, and Bush Gardens Halloween attractions)
5. Miami, FL (The Biltmore Hotel, which in the early 20s served as a hospital during WWII where many died. The hotel was also frequented by Al Capone)
6. New York, NY (known for the country's only night time parade in Greenwich Village)
7. San Francisco, CA (haunted Alcatraz)
8. Gettysburg, PA (Gettysburg Battlefield)
9. Savannah, GA (named the most haunted U.S. city by the American Institute of Paranormal Psychology)
10. Roswell, NM (known for the 1947 UFO incident)
Rentalo (http://rentalo.com) is one of the most relevant global directories for leisure and business rentals, bed and breakfasts, hotels, and other lodgings, featuring over 92,000 property listings in close to 15,000 destinations worldwide. The Web site provides users free inquiry service and an email privacy option. Founded in 1995 by Alfredo Purriños, a former NASA engineer, Rentalo is a division of Hi Q Telecom Inc. and is headquartered in Miami Lakes, Florida. For more information and to subscribe to Rentalo’s free online “Best Value Accommodations” newsletter, please visit www.rentalo.com or call 305-558-5577.
# # #
Fajardo Public Relations