Rentalo Worry Free Lodging Guarantee Terms & Conditions
Subject to the restrictions and exclusions from coverage set forth below, the following claims are covered for up to five thousand US dollars ($5,000.00) or the amounts actually lost by you and set forth in your initial reservation registration, whichever is lower. By registering your reservation for Rentalo’s Worry Free Lodging Guarantee, you expressly agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions. Failure by the traveler to follow these terms and conditions, or the taking of any action by any traveler without the written consent of Rentalo that impairs Rentalo’s ability and/or right to mitigate any potential loss, or false and/or misleading statement(s) made by any traveler with respect to a claim hereunder will void such claim's eligibility under the Rentalo Worry Free Lodging Guarantee program.
1. Provide Identification. You must provide written proof of your identity (e.g., copy of your passport, driver's license, utility bills, credit card information, etc.) as Rentalo may request.
2. Keep a record of the reservation. You must provide Rentalo all documentation (electronic mail, telephone or other communications) with the owner regarding the specific booking terms for the subject rental property.
3. Keep a record of the listing. You must provide written proof that the property was listed on Rentalo.com.
4. Keep a record of Rentalo’s response. You must provide a copy of the email verification provided to you by Rentalo.com when you first inquired about the property.
5. Keep a record of your payment(s). You must provide written documentation of all payments (partial, full and/or deposit) made to the property owner. Additionally, you must prove that those payments were made AFTER you have registered your reservation with the Rentalo Worry Free Lodging Guarantee program and AFTER you allow Rentalo a reasonable period of time to investigate the listing.
6. Keep a record of your reservation registration. Give Rentalo Time to Investigate. You must register your reservation with the Rentalo Worry Free Lodging Guarantee program PRIOR to sending any money to the owner/manager. After you register, you must allow Rentalo a reasonable time period to investigate the listing. If you do not receive notice that a listing is potentially not legitimate or is not legitimate, you can make payment via PayPal or credit card to the property owner/manager.
7. Keep a record of your loss. You must provide written documentation of the listing not being legitimate (e.g., evidence that the property does not exist or that you were wrongfully denied access). In addition, you must provide written evidence that the owner received your money, was notified by you of your claim, and wrongfully refused or failed to return your payment(s).
8. Seek Alternate Reimbursement. If you have paid money to the property owner via Pay Pal or credit card, you must immediately contact the Pay Pal or credit card issuer to request reimbursement of monies paid. If Pay Pal or credit card issuer denies your request, then you may be entitled to receive payment under the Rentalo Worry Free Lodging Guarantee program. You must show written proof that you contacted Pay Pal or credit card issuer and that your request was denied by the Pay Pal or credit card issuer. You must accept any settlement from Pay Pal or your credit card issuer, but you may still be eligible for additional payments under the Rentalo Rental Guarantee program if such settlement is less than the amount covered under the program.
9. Inform Rentalo. You must notify Rentalo within three business (3) days of learning that the listing was not legitimate via telephone (305) 558-5577or electronic mail at Rentalo.com.
10. Make a claim. You must complete, sign and submit Rentalo’s Claim Form together with all required documentation to Rentalo within thirty (30) days of (i) receiving the Claim Form or (ii) the departure date listed in your reservation registration, whichever is later.
11. Be Responsive. When you file a claim under the Rentalo Worry Free Lodging Guarantee program, you agree to provide to Rentalo, on a timely basis, any documentation requested to support your claim. You also agree to fully cooperate with Rentalo in all aspects of the claim process. Rentalo may deny claims of travelers who do not respond to inquiries regarding an alleged claim within specified times. It is also recommended that claimants retain all documentation related to your claim.
12. Exclusions. The following are examples of claims that are not covered under the Rentalo Worry Free Lodging Guarantee program:
- Airfare and all other travel costs.
- Deposits or payments not refunded or returned because Owner alleged that you failed to not comply with the owner's policies or as otherwise stated in the renter's agreement or contract.
- "Renter's remorse", "bait and switch", or any objection to the location, condition, or suitability of purpose of the property.
- Deposits or payments for a vacation rental not refunded or returned because you and the owner are in a dispute over whether a refund is due.
- Payments made to any property owner via Western Union, MoneyGram, or wire transfer services.
- Deposits or payments made to any property owner after Rentalo sent notification to you that the vacation rental in question was not eligible for the Rentalo Worry Free Lodging Guarantee program.
Last updated on February 11, 2009