|When planning your vacation getaway, you should invest some time investigating
the type of hazards that could affect your family in case of a natural
disaster or an emergency situation during your stay. Here are some useful tips
to take into account prior to going on your trip:.
- First, I strongly recommend you consider buying Travel Protection Insurance to protect your trip expenses.
- Know your destination's vulnerability to natural disasters (e.g. hurricanes,
storm surges, earthquakes, flooding, etc).
- Take First Aid, CPR and disaster preparedness classes.
- Carry non-perishable emergency supplies and a Disaster Supply Kit.
- Visit a tourism website or guide to learn about the laws of the foreign
lands you are visiting and abide by them. For example, in some countries
you could be arrested or kidnapped if you take pictures in public places.
- Learn about traffic laws. In some countries, you will need to drive
on the opposite lanes from what you are used to.
- Always inform relatives or close friends where you are going.
In case of a disaster during the trip:
If you are staying at a rental unit at the time of a disaster, contact
the owner or property management company to get the following information:
- Identify the safe room or the safest areas in the rental unit. In certain
circumstances the safest areas may not be your rental unit but within
- Best local radio station(s) to determine escape routes and local emergency
If you still can't find the answer to your question, please contact us
Rentalo Customer Service