Chiusi Vacation Rental
The main house, Bellosguardo, is basically a typical foursquare turreted country house dating back to the nineteenth century. It underwent a radical restyling in the 1960s at the hands of an eccentric actress, who turned it into an exclusive venue for parties and receptions. Furnished in eclectic style, collectors' items of Italian design rub shoulders with antique furniture, large fireplaces and carved wood panelling. In the recently completed restoration, great care was taken to preserve the irresistible atmosphere of the "swinging sixties". The spacious accommodation on the ground floor features an elegant living room, dining room, comfortable and well equipped kitchen and a cloakroom. Rooms open onto a vast terrace with a splendid panorama, partly covered in and equipped for barbecues. An elegant staircase leads up from the entrance to the first floor where there are two luxurious suites and a bathroom which is truly remarkable for size and dÚcor.
Close to hand there are the former outhouses, called i buccheri, which have been beautifully refurbished to provide accommodation. A large patio gives access to the ground floor, with living quarters which are particularly attractive and comfortable and a fully equipped kitchen. All the rooms are constructed in the classic Tuscan style with tiled ceilings and wooden beams, and feature rustic furniture in the best local handicraft tradition. They also have heating and air conditioning. To either side there are the bedrooms and bathrooms. An external staircase takes you up to the first floor, where there is a living-cum-dining room, kitchen, two bedrooms and two bathrooms. A charming terrace equipped for barbecues is for guests' exclusive use.
All over the garden you find areas, both in the open and under cover, where you can relax and indulge in reading or meditation. Altogether the estate has 26000 m▓ of land, about 9000 m▓ of which is taken up by the garden and terracing, with a wall enclosing the buildings. All the rest is cultivated land used to grow fodder for animals and extensive olive groves.
- DVD player Sky tv Package
- Hair dryer Pool
- Jacuzzi/Hot Tub BBQ
- Utensils Stove - Gas
- Stove - Electric Refrigerator
- Microwave Full Kitchen
- Dishwasher Coffee Maker
- Stereo Linens provided
- Fireplace CD Player
- Cable/Satellite TV Air Conditioning
- 2 suites, 8 bedrooms, 8 bathrooms, 3 kitchens, hall, dining-room, 2 living-dining rooms, patios, terraces, wide terrace partly sheltered - 20/23 people., - Altitude above sea-level: 300 m., - Park: 26000 sqm. 9000 of which fenced and arranged as garden., - Swimming pool mt. 6 x 12, without bathing attendants; circular swimming pool for children. Both are open from May 1st to October 15., - Solarium-terrace, floored and equipped., - Included supplies: electricity, water, gas for gas-stove, heating, initial cleaning, weekly linen change, maintenance of swimming pool and park., - Accessories: satellite TV with DVD player, 'Sky TV' sat-network subscription, books and magazines, hi-fi system, cd-player, washing machine, dish-washing machine, barbecue, microwave oven, hair-drier., - Pets: on demand., - Arrival: Saturdays from 4 PM to 8 PM., - Departure: Saturdays within 10 AM., - Security deposit: Yes., - Extras (compulsory): final cleaning.
- Golf course: 10 miles - 16,1 Km Tennis court: 2 miles - 3,2 Km
- Horseback Riding Camping & Hiking
- Swimming Sailing
- Boating Theaters / Cinemas
- Spa Sightseeing
- Shopping Restaurants
- Museums Fitness Center / Gym
Villa Arcaia is situated just on the border between Tuscany and Umbria, so guests have a lot of places to visit in both the areas, that offer a multitude of cultural and sightseeing opportunities. The nearest towns are Chiusi (Tuscany) and Castiglione del Lago (Umbria). Chiusi is a very strategically point, as it'is placed halfway between Rome and Florence, both of which can easily be reached by car (through the Chiusi-Chianciano Junction on the A1 Rome-Florence highway 10 minutes from the house) and train (Chiusi Scalo station also 10 minutes from the house, on the Rome-Florence line) in about one hour. From Villa Arcaia is also possible to reach Siena, Perugia and Arezzo with comfortable cross-country trains (30 minutes) or by car. Besides the guests also can easily reach many small towns in Tuscany, Lazio and Umbria, such as Chianciano Terme, famous for its baths, a recently opened Etruscan Museum and a lively programme of Summer shows, events and plays; Montepulciano, Medieval and Renaissance village in whose countryside the renowned wine 'Nobile di Montepulciano' is produced: you can visit many open wine caves where it's possible to have free tastes of wine; Pienza, a true jewel of Renaissance architecture and art, planned by Pope Pius II Piccolomini and Leon Battista Alberti; Monticchiello, yet another wonderful Medieval village; Bagno Vignoni, a unique village with its main square consisting of an ancient bath; Montalcino, Medieval village, where is produced the famous wine 'Brunello di Montalcino'; Cortona, an ancient Etruscan location but with important Medieval and Renaissance buildings, at the time being also famous for the book and movie Under the Tuscan sun; Castiglione del Lago and the Trasimeno Lake, with its islands, reachable by ferry; the medieval Citta' della Pieve, with frescos by Perugino; Monte Amiata with many nice typical little towns; from there you can drive to Monte Labro, where is the most important Buddhist community, in a very suggestive plateau called 'European Tibet', and also Gubbio, Todi, Assisi, Orvieto and many others.
- Near lake Lakefront
Chiusi Vacation Rentals Villa - Villa Arcaia
Borghi Toscani Tuscany Countries s.r.l.
Villa Arcaia ID: 190751