The hotel's Premier Restaurant offers a fusion of northern and southern coastal influences with an emphasis on local seafood specialities, with an extensive wine list, in an elegant setting with sweeping views of the Bot River Lagoon. It is open for dinner only and smart dress is required. Alternatively Jamani serves modern dishes in a contemporary African setting, with warm earthy tones and a large fireplace. Guests can unwind with a sauna, steam room, hot tub and massage, and try more unusual treatments such as the brine flotation tank and the mud chamber. Spacious terraces are dotted with sunloungers, and the thatched poolside bar serves cocktails and snacks. Guests can also enjoy a latte and a delicious range of freshly baked cakes and pastries in the coffee shop, while onsite recreation includes tennis courts, scenic horse rides, and canoeing on the lagoon. The hotel is situated on Arabella Golf Course, one of South Africa's top five championship golf courses, and guests can also try white shark cage diving - not for the faint-hearted. There is a cocktail lounge with live piano music, and children have their own pool, kids' club and miniature golf. State of the art conference facilities can accommodate up to 300 delegates, and there is free onsite parking for those arriving by car. The hotel is close to many areas of interest; Kleinmond town centre is five kilometres away and there is whale-watching in Hermanus, 22 kilometres away. Cape Town is 100 kilometres distant. The hotel is located 100 kilometres from Cape Town International Airport, an 80-minute drive.
Deluxe suite: One king bed. Decorated in a contemporary African style with natural earthy shades and rosewood furniture. Balcony with views of the pool, gardens or mountains. 100% cotton bedding with goose down duvet and pillows. Air conditioning, cable television with pay movies, coffee/tea maker, direct-dial phone with voicemail, safe, high-speed Internet access and minibar. Bathroom with separate tub and shower, bathrobes, scales, bidet, complimentary designer toiletries, hair dryer and makeup mirror.
Deluxe room: One king or two twin beds. Decorated in a contemporary African style with natural earthy shades and rosewood furniture. Balcony with views of the pool, gardens or mountains. 100% cotton bedding with goose down duvet and pillows. Air conditioning, cable television with pay movies, coffee/tea maker, direct-dial phone with voicemail, safe, high-speed Internet access and minibar. Bathroom with separate tub and shower, bathrobes, scales, bidet, complimentary designer toiletries, hair dryer and makeup mirror.
Guests can book the airport shuttle bus. Alternatively a taxi direct to the hotel costs 750 ZAR.
Driving directions: From the airport take the N2 through Somerset West and continue over Sir Lowry's Pass. Take the R43 and turn off for Hermanus. Continue for approximately ten kilometres until the R44. Turn off for Kleinmond and turn right. After two kilometres, the hotel is on the left.
- Barbecue grill(s) Conference room(s)
- Gift shop or newsstand Clubhouse
- Beauty services Bar/lounge
- Poolside bar Sauna
- Picnic area Room service (24 hours)
- Laundry facilities Full-service health spa
- Medical assistance available Spa Tub
- Complimentary breakfast Hair salon
- Business center Currency exchange
- Fitness equipment Library
- Steam room Comp newspapers in lobby
- Patio Breakfast services
- Banquet facilities Wedding services
- Supervised child care/activities Hot tub
- Massage-treatment room Babysitting or child care
- Shopping on site Ballroom(s)
- Suitable for children Restaurant(s)
- Swimming pool - indoor Swimming pool - children's
- Concierge desk Umbrella
- Coffee shop or cafe Safe-deposit box
- Swimming pool - outdoor Spa services on site
- Security guard Exhibit space
- Internet public area - high-speed Kids' activities
- Health club Meeting room (small groups)
- Dry cleaning service Secretarial services
- Television in lobby Air-conditioned public areas
- Shoe shine Airport transportation (complimentary)
- Audiovisual equipment Parking (Complimentary)
Room Amenities: , , • Cable/satellite TV • Separate sitting area • Cribs (infant beds) available • Window opens • Direct-dial phone • Bidet • Bottled water in room (complim • Welcome amenities • Internet access - TV • Electronic/magnetic keys • Blackout drapes/curtains • Complimentary toiletries • Climate control • Designer toiletries • Pay movies • Hypo-allergenic bedding availa • Bathroom scale • Smoking rooms • Separate bathtub and shower • Sewing kit • Makeup mirror • Child care (in room, surcharge
- Kleinmond - 5 kilometres (3 miles) | - Hermanus - 23 kilometres (14 miles) | - Whale Watching in Hermanus - 22 kilometres (14 miles)| - Cape Town City Centre - 100 kilometres (62 miles) |
Hermanus Hotels - Arabella Western Cape Hotel & Spa