Hotel Features. The Kempinski Hotel houses the Zalez Spa and Wellness Centre, which includes heated indoor and outdoor pools, a spa tub, fitness suite, steam room and sauna. The centre also offers a choice of Ayurvedic therapies and holistic beauty treatments, including Caribbean fruit peels and shiatsu massage.
The Kempinski Hotel houses seven restaurants and bars, including the Come Prima fine-dining restaurant, which serves Mediterranean dishes and regional specialties, and the Gallery Restaurant, which offers a variety of Bulgarian and international dishes. A complimentary breakfast is served each morning at the Gallery Restaurant. After dinner guests can retire to the Bella Vista Lounge and Terrace.
A separate splash pool and a kids' club offering are provided for younger guests, and babysitting services are also available (fees may apply). Bansko resort caters for all levels of skier, with a ski kindergarten with three baby drags, a baby track, and a winter and summer rotunda-type kinder carousel. Off- piste skiing is available for advanced skiers. Bansko is located at an altitude of 936 metres and features 65 kilometres of slopes.
Guestrooms. The Kempinski Hotel features 159 guestrooms and suites, all of which are furnished in an Alpine style and extend to private balconies. Amenities include cable television, telephones, complimentary wireless Internet access and minibars.
Expert Tip. Bansko has a unique 16-kilometre uninterrupted ski run, starting 2,600 metres above sea level at Todorka Peak, and continuing all the way to base station at the Gondola lift. The last seven kilometres of the slope are illuminated, and the entire facility is equipped with artificial snow machines to enable skiing during warmer weather.
Deluxe/Double Room: One king bed. 38 square metres. Alpine-style decor in subdued, natural tones. Balcony with view of the mountains or town. Air-conditioning, cable television, direct-dial phone with voicemail, complimentary wireless Internet access, minibar, safe and complimentary newspaper. Bathroom with shower, telephone, robes and complimentary toiletries.
Getting there. Trains link Sofia to Razlog, ten kilometres from Bansko. From here, guests can book a hotel car to pick them up (surcharge). Alternatively, taxis are available outside the station. Hotel staff can also book transport to and from the airport. The winding streets of Bansko can be explored on foot or by bicycle, which can be hired at the hotel. A car is recommended for travelling further afield.
Driving directions. From Sofia, take the E79 in the direction of Kulala and head for Bansko.
- Internet public area - comp Full-service health spa
- Medical assistance available Swimming pool - children's
- Elevator/lift Safe-deposit box
- Currency exchange Business center
- Swimming pool - outdoor Air-conditioned public areas
- Conference room(s) Audiovisual equipment
- Swimming pool Security guard
- Swimming pool - indoor Fitness equipment
- Sauna Gift shop or newsstand
- Beauty services Room service (24 hours)
- Dry cleaning service Banquet facilities
- Comp newspapers in lobby Kids' activities
- Wedding services Concierge desk
- Patio Meeting room (small groups)
- Internet public area - wireless Pets not allowed
- Business services Parking garage
- Bar/lounge Health club
- Massage-treatment room Secretarial services
- Ski storage Coffee in lobby
- Laundry facilities Parking (surcharge)
- Babysitting or child care Spa Tub
- Steam room Billiards
- Hair salon ATM/banking
- Fireplace in lobby Restaurant(s)
- Parking (valet) Spa services on site
- Shoe shine Clubhouse
- Poolside bar Barbecue grill(s)
- Airport transportation (fees apply) Television in lobby
- Shopping on site Coffee shop or cafe
- Supervised child care/activities Pool table
Room Amenities: , , • Direct-dial phone • Bathroom telephone • Blackout drapes/curtains • Handheld shower • Internet access - complimentar • Electronic/magnetic keys • Window opens • Iron/ironing board (on request • Complimentary toiletries • Extra towels/bedding • Cable/satellite TV • Smoking rooms • Sewing kit • Makeup mirror
Nearest ski run - next door | Nearest ski lift - next door | Resort centre - 2 kilometres (1 mile) | Banya (nearby town with 27 thermal mineral springs) - 5 kilometres (3 miles) |
Bansko Hotels - Kempinski Hotel Grand Arena