Hotel Features.Guests are greeted by multilingual staff at a 24-hour front desk, and the modern reception area extends to a glass-roofed lounge with high-speed Internet connections (surcharge) and a coffee shop. Drinks are served at the bar throughout the day, and guests enjoy a 10 percent discount at a nearby restaurant. Philippos Hotel also offers tour assistance, currency exchange and laundry facilities.
Guestrooms.The 50 air-conditioned guestrooms are located on six floors. All are furnished in warm, earth colours, and include cable television, direct-dial phones with voicemail, safes, and bathrooms with hair dryers.
Expert Tip. Monastiráki is the old Turkish district, 200 metres from the hotel. The bazaar, main mosques and administrative buildings were all located here, and the area retains a strong atmosphere of the city under the Ottoman rule. It is now a popular commercial district and home to Athens' unmissable flea market.
Family Room: One double and one twin bed, or three twin beds. Warm, earth colours. Air conditioning, satellite television, direct-dial phone, voicemail, safe and bathroom with hair dryer.
Single Room: One double or one twin bed. Warm, earth colours. Air conditioning, satellite television, direct-dial phone, voicemail, safe and bathroom with hair dryer.
Twin Room: One double or two twin beds. Warm, earth colours. Air conditioning, satellite television, direct-dial phone, voicemail, safe and bathroom with hair dryer.
Getting there. A metro service runs from the airport to Acropolis station, 200 metres from the hotel. Taxis are also available outside the terminal and fares to the hotel cost around 30-35 EUR. Public transport around Athens is provided by metro, railway and express airport buses.
- High Speed Internet Business Center
- Dry Cleaning Service Bar/Lounge
- Meeting room (small groups) Elevator/lift
- Concierge desk Internet public area - surcharge
- Audiovisual equipment Parking nearby
- Event catering Conference room(s)
- Internet public area - high-speed Laundry facilities
- Babysitting or child care Banquet facilities
- Cell phone/mobile rental Currency exchange
- Air-conditioned public areas Coffee shop or cafe
Room Amenities: , , • Cable/satellite TV • Extra towels/bedding • Window opens • Rollaway beds • Cribs (infant beds) available • Direct-dial phone • Electronic/magnetic keys • Makeup mirror • Sewing kit • Smoking rooms
- Acropolis - 200 metres | - Plaka (old town) - 200 metres | - Thission (temple) - 200 metres | - Pnyx (amphitheatre) - 200 metres | - Monastiráki (flea market) - 200 metres |
Athens Hotels - Philippos Hotel