Guests can relax with a five-day course of anti- stress, detox and slimming treatments in the Marine spa or indulge in an array of beauty therapies and massages. Active guests can work out in the fitness centre or practise their serve on the tennis courts before unwinding in the sauna, Scottish shower or jetted tubs. Other activities available on site include basketball and aerobics classes. Those wishing to explore the Algarve can rent bicycles or scooters at reception, while sun-worshippers can spend the day bronzing by the outdoor pool. A separate kids' pool is available for younger guests. Portuguese dishes are served on the panoramic terrace of the Buzio restaurant, while local seafood can be enjoyed by candlelight in the rustic Canico restaurant. Varied buffets are served for all main meals in the Prainha Club restaurant. Other amenities include a shop selling essential provisions, currency-exchange and babysitting services, public Internet access and laundry facilities. The hotel offers discounted golf packages for several nearby courses. Motorists will find complimentary secure parking facilities on site. Nearby attractions include the bustling marina at the fishing village of Alvor, two kilometres away, and the Penina championship golf course, which is five kilometres from the hotel. Faro Airport is 65 kilometres away, with an approximate driving time of 40 minutes.
Studio: Two twin beds. Modern, subdued decor with heavy orange drapes and light-wood furniture. Furnished balcony or terrace. Fully equipped kitchen with microwave, refrigerator and stove. Air conditioning, satellite television, direct-dial phone and safe. Bathroom with shower/tub combination.
One Bedroom Apartment: Two twin beds and one sofabed. Separate living room. Modern, subdued decor with heavy green drapes and light-wood furniture. Furnished balcony or terrace with pool view. Fully equipped kitchen with microwave, refrigerator and stove. Air conditioning, satellite television, Internet direct-dial phone and safe. Bathroom with shower/tub combination.
An airport shuttle for four people costs about EUR 45, while a taxi costs approximately EUR 70. Taxis are readily available and can easily be hailed in the street. Efficient train and bus services operate throughout the Algarve. The best way to explore the area is by car.
Driving directions: From the airport, take the A22 motorway, Via de Infante, in the direction of Portimao. Take the Portimao exit and continue to the coast. At the roundabout with a fountain, turn right in the direction of Alvor and continue for two kilometres. The Prainha Clube is on the left.
- Health club Sauna
- Swimming pool Internet public area - surcharge
- Babysitting or child care Laundry facilities
- Parking (Complimentary) Restaurant(s)
- Parking (secure) Pets not allowed
- Steam room Swimming pool - indoor
- Fitness equipment Medical assistance available
- Full-service health spa Elevator/lift
- Currency exchange Meeting room (small groups)
- Television in lobby Swimming pool - children's
- Swimming pool - outdoor Coffee shop or cafe
- Breakfast services Internet public area - wireless
- Outdoor pool-seasonal
Room Amenities: , , • Climate control • Cable/satellite TV • Cookware/dishes/utensils • Child care (in room, surcharge • Handheld shower • Iron/ironing board (on request • Cribs (infant beds) available • Window opens • Bidet • Blackout drapes/curtains • Welcome amenities • Direct-dial phone • Shower/tub combination
- Prainha Beach - 300 metres| - Alto golf course - 1 kilometre (0.5 miles)| - Alvor (fishing village) - 2 kilometres (1 mile)| - Praia da Rocha (nightclubs) - 3 kilometres (2 miles)| - Penina championship golf course - 5 kilometres (3 miles)| - Lagos (city) - 21 kilometres (13 miles)| - Silves Castle - 24 kilometres (15 miles)| - Lagos Underwater Museum - 29 kilometres (18 miles)| - Caldas de Monchique (spa town) - 30 kilometres (18.5 miles)| - Aquarium - 33 kilometres (20.5 miles)|
Alvor Hotels - Prainha Clube