Hotel Features. The 21-storey Ritz Hotel offers fabulous views of the Atlantic Seaboard. The lobby has a 24-hour front desk where multilingual staff can provide currency exchange and tourist information.
Guests can enjoy a complimentary buffet breakfast every morning at the Ritz Hotel. The revolving Top of the Ritz restaurant on the 21st floor of the hotel offers panoramic views of the ocean. International cuisine is served for dinner, while drinks and snacks are available throughout the day in the hotel's café and poolside bar.
The hotel provides conference facilities for up to 500 people. Wireless Internet access is available in public areas (surcharge).
Guests can swim in the hotel's outdoor pool or relax in the poolside bar and jetted tubs.
Guestrooms. The hotel's 222 air- conditioned guestrooms are furnished in a contemporary style. All rooms have satellite television, desks, minibars, safes and wireless Internet access (surcharge). Bathrooms have bath/shower combinations.
Expert Tip. A cable car service takes visitors to the top of Table Mountain, seven kilometres from the hotel. The flat-topped summit offers great views of Robben Island, Cape Town and Table Bay. Outdoor pursuits like hiking, caving and rock climbing are also available.
Renovation notice. The swimming pool will be closed for renovations from the 21st October until the 10th November 2008. Please contact the hotel for further details.
Ritz Deluxe Room: One double bed or two twin beds. Simple, modern decor. Desk. Wireless Internet access (surcharge). Satellite television. Direct-dial phone. Hair dryer. Air conditioning.
Ritz Econo Room: One double bed or two twin beds. Simple, modern decor. Desk. Wireless Internet access (surcharge). Satellite television. Direct-dial phone. Hair dryer. Air conditioning.
From Cape Town International Airport (CPT):
Distance to Ritz Hotel is 25 kilometres, approximately 30 minutes' drive.
Getting there. Taxis are available from the airport's authorised taxi company, Touch Down. Travellers are advised not to use unauthorised taxis. The fare to the city centre is approximately 200 ZAR. Door- to-door shuttle buses are available, and can be pre- booked at arrivals. Prices are all subject to change.
Getting around. The Ritz Hotel is on Camberwell Road. Trains and buses run throughout the city, but driving is the best way to get around. Many attractions are clearly signposted, however, parking can be difficult. Taxis are available but can be expensive. The hotel has a secure garage (surcharge).
Driving directions. From Cape Town International Airport:
Follow the N2 to Cape Town and take the M14 to Eastern Boulevard.
Take the Strand Street turn-off, then turn right into Adderley Street.
Then turn left into Riebeeck Street and follow this road onto Main Road Sea Point.
Turn left into Camberwell Road and the hotel is on the left.
- Air Conditioning TV/VCR
- Coffee Maker Restaurant(s)
- Bar/Lounge Swimming pool - outdoor
- Gift shop or newsstand Elevator/lift
- Currency exchange Air-conditioned public areas
- Safe-deposit box Laundry facilities
- Conference room(s) Business services
- Parking (surcharge) Audiovisual equipment
- Concierge desk Exhibit space
- Internet public area - surcharge Security guard
- Beauty services Airport transportation (fees apply)
- Parking (secure) Poolside bar
- Dry cleaning service Banquet facilities
- Babysitting or child care Wedding services
- Medical assistance available Parking garage
- Hair salon Suitable for children
- Internet public area - wireless Room service (limited hours)
Room Amenities: , , • Smoking rooms • Cable/satellite TV • Extra towels/bedding • Complimentary toiletries • Window opens • Rollaway beds • Cribs (infant beds) available • Iron/ironing board (on request • Direct-dial phone • Child care (in room, surcharge • Makeup mirror • Refrigerator (on request) • Shower/tub combination
- Beach - 300 metres | - Virgin Active Gym - 500 metres | - Victoria and Albert Waterfront (shopping mall) - 2 kilometres (1 mile)| - Aquarium - 2 kilometres (1 mile)| - Golf Course - 3 kilometres (1.5 miles) | - Table Mountain Cableway - 7 kilometres (4.5 miles) | - Hout Bay - 10 kilometres (6 miles) | - Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens - 10 kilometres (6 miles) | - Wine Country - 40 kilometres (25 miles) |
Cape Town Hotels - Ritz Hotel