Hotel Features. Surrounded by parkland and mountains, the white-fronted Steigenberger Axelmannstein hotel combines the calm of the countryside with the culture of Salzburg, just 10 kilometres away.
Overlooking the Predigtstuhl mountain and park, the Steigenberger Axelmannstein hotel's Parkrestaurant offers international cuisine for dinner, often with live piano music. Complimentary buffet breakfast is available. The Bavarian-style Axelstuberl dishes up hearty local specialities and has live music on Monday and Friday. There is also a hotel bar, and the Garden Café, which serves tea.
Conference rooms are available for meetings and events.
The onsite spa features indoor and outdoor lagoon-style pools, a steam room, sauna and solarium, while the health centre offers beauty and massage treatments (surcharge). Guests can play tennis and golf in the hotel's grounds, or hire bicycles to discover the surrounding area.
Guestrooms. Opening onto balconies with views of the courtyard or Hochstaufen mountain, the Steigenberger Axelmannstein hotel's 152 contemporary guestrooms are decorated in neutral hues with floral fabrics and wood furniture. All rooms have satellite television, wireless Internet access, minibars and safes.
Expert Tip. Reber Café, famed for its pralines and chocolate, is 200 metres from the hotel.
Standard Room/Single Bed: One twin bed. Contemporary decor with cream colour scheme. Patterned bed fabrics and matching curtains. Wood furniture, desk, free-standing and bedside lamps, armchair, and glass-topped brass coffee table. Balcony with view of either the courtyard or Hochstaufen mountain. Satellite television with pay movies, dial-up and wireless Internet connections, minibar and safe. Bathroom with handheld shower, tub, bidet, hair dryer and bathrobes.
Standard Room/Double Bed: One double bed or two twin beds. Contemporary decor with cream colour scheme. Patterned bed fabrics and matching curtains. Wood furniture, desk, free-standing and bedside lamps, armchair, and glass-topped brass coffee table. Balcony with view of either the courtyard or Hochstaufen mountain. Satellite television with pay movies, dial-up and wireless Internet connections, minibar and safe. Bathroom with handheld shower, tub, bidet, hair dryer and bathrobes.
Superior Room/Double Bed: One double bed. Balcony or terrace. Desk. Wireless Internet access.
Junior Suite/Double Bed: One double bed. Balcony or terrace. Desk. Wireless Internet access.
Deluxe Suite/Double Bed: One double bed. Balcony or terrace. Desk. Wireless Internet access.
Superior Room/Single Bed: One twin bed. Balcony or terrace. Desk. Wireless Internet access.
From Salzburg Airport (SZG):
Distance to the Steigenberger Axelmannstein is 15 kilometres, approximately 20 minutes' drive.
Getting there. Taxis are the most convenient means of reaching the Steigenberger Axelmannstein from Salzburg Airport, and cost approximately 30 EUR. The closest train station is Bad Reichenhall, which is 500 metres from the hotel. The number 2 bus runs between the airport and Salzburg's main train station (Hauptbahnhof), 10 kilometres from the hotel, every 10 minutes. Single tickets cost 1.80 EUR. There are buses to Bavaria and Tyrol. Taxis to the city centre cost about 15 EUR. Prices are all subject to change.
Getting around. The Steigenberger Axelmannstein in Bad Reichenhall is 10 kilometres from central Salzburg. Salzburg's city centre is best explored on foot. The city is served by an inexpensive tram and bus system, and there are numerous cycle paths. Driving is not advised for visitors, and cars are not allowed in some areas of the Old Town. However, there is parking onsite (surcharge).
- Banquet facilities Breakfast services
- Parking garage Parking (valet)
- Massage-treatment room Coffee in lobby
- Safe-deposit box Full-service health spa
- Fitness equipment Elevator/lift
- Internet public area - wireless Shoe shine
- Umbrella Restaurant(s)
- Ballroom(s) Television in lobby
- Swimming pool - indoor Coffee shop or cafe
- Parking nearby Concierge desk
- Gift shop or newsstand Express check-out
- Beauty services Swimming pool
- Meeting room (small groups) Bar/lounge
- Express check-in Complimentary breakfast
- Conference room(s) Secretarial services
- Ski storage Dry cleaning service
- Comp newspapers in lobby Sauna
- Library Internet public area - high-speed
- Poolside bar Room service (24 hours)
- Laundry facilities Parking (surcharge)
- Currency exchange Concierge services
- Medical assistance available Airport transportation (fees apply)
Room Amenities: , , • Smoking rooms • Cable/satellite TV • Extra towels/bedding • Hypo-allergenic bedding availa • Pay movies • Window opens • Cribs (infant beds) available • Iron/ironing board (on request • Direct-dial phone • Welcome amenities • Handheld shower • Makeup mirror • Bathtub only • Bidet • Blackout drapes/curtains
- Reber café - 200 metres| - Casino - 500 metres| - Salzburg - 10 kilometres (6 miles)| - Königsee (lake) - 20 kilometres (12 miles)| - Obersalzburg - 20 kilometres (12 miles)| - Berchtesgaden (health centre and salt mine) - 20 kilometres (12 miles)| - Chiensee (lake) - 50 kilometres (31 miles)|
Bad Reichenhall Hotels - Steigenberger Axelmannstein