Hotel Features. There is an outdoor swimming pool set on the hotel's roof terrace with a poolside bar and marvellous views over the Colosseum and Rome's skyline. Guests can also relax over drinks in the lounge bar or take advantage of room service. Multilingual staff at the 24-hour front desk can offer the use of a safe-deposit box and the air-conditioned public areas have high-speed Internet access.
Guestrooms. The 160 guestrooms have decor in soft pastel colours, modern furnishings including desks, and fitted carpets. All are equipped with satellite television with pay movies, direct-dial phones and Internet connections (surcharge). Other amenities include minibars with complimentary bottled water and climate control. Bathrooms are complete with hair dryers and complimentary toiletries.
Expert Tip. When the Colosseum was operating in Roman times, trap doors would spring open in the wooden floor and an angry lion or tiger would emerge. Thankfully, the wooden floor is no longer there.
Getting there. There is an express train service every 30 minutes to Rome's Termini train station (journey time 30 minutes). A single ticket costs around 10 EUR. Taxis are readily available at the airport, but take a licensed metered taxi only. An airport surcharge is payable. A taxi to the city centre will cost around 50 EUR.
- Air Conditioning TV/VCR
- Garage Internet public area - high-speed
- Room service (limited hours) Umbrella
- Parking (surcharge) Business services
- Safe-deposit box Air-conditioned public areas
- Television in lobby Elevator/lift
- Suitable for children Bar/lounge
- Meeting room (small groups) Outdoor pool-seasonal
- Babysitting or child care
Room Amenities: , , • Cable/satellite TV • Bidet • Non-smoking rooms • Bathtub only
- Colle Oppio Park - 10 metres| - Basilica of San Celemente - 20 metres| - Nero's House - 30 metres| - Palatine Hill - 40 metres| - Colosseum - 100 metres| - Basilica of St. Giovanni - 1 kilometre (0.5 miles)| - Domus Aurea - 2 kilometres (1 mile)| - San Piatro in Vincoli Church - 2 kilometres (1 mile)| - Roman Forum - 3 kilometres (2 miles)| - Santa Maria Maggiore Church - 3 kilometres (2 miles)|
Rome Hotels - Mercure Delta Colosseo